Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Turns Off

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

Hi,

For the last few days my computer has been turning itself off randomly. There' been no warning like a BSOD or anything like that. At first it just happened when I was burning a DVD, but now it can happen any time.

Here are my PC components: PSU - Seasonic 500Watts

Processor - Intel® Core™2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz 2.67 GHz

Motherboard - ASUS P5N-E SLI

Graphics Card - VTX3D Radeon HD5450 1GB PCIe DVI HDMI 2GB

Optical Drive - Sony AD-7240S-0B 24x Internal DVDRWRAM SATA Black Bare

Hard Drive 1 - 500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue

Hard Drive 2 - 3TB Western Digital

Hard Drive 3 - 2TB Seagate Barracuda

RAM - Kingston 2 x 2GB PC2-5300 DDR 667 240Pin; 2 x 2GB Unbranded

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Please can someone suggest how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks,

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

Disconnect power to everything that's not necessary; the OD, 2 of the HDDs, card reader, etc. It doesn't appear you have integrated graphics capability, so you can't remove the vid-card from the system. If you're OC'd, then dial it back to normal rated cycles.

Test it out.

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:44 AM

Thanks for the reply. I removed everything I could and added it all back one by one and the computer seems to be working fine now. Maybe it was a loose connection.

#4 paulwalker1

paulwalker1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:32 AM

A computer that turns off without warning is usually caused by a heat related issue. Many computers today are designed to turn off automatically if the computer, processor, or other device gets too hot.
If your BIOS monitors the RPM of the fans, enter BIOS and make sure the BIOS does not report any errors. Software utilities such as SpeedFan can also be used to help monitor fans in your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users