Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers Slow if working at all ???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rottie

Rottie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:55 AM

Hi All

I've been using Nightly with no problems at all until last week when t just wouldn't open at all .

Now IF it does open it take ages to load homepages and the says not responding :-(

Same with IE

I've downloaded Chrome with another laptop to use on here But this is very slow too 

Avast is running Ive Also run

Super anti spyware and  Malware bytes Anti Malware They found a few things and removed them 

But the problem remains. Can anyone help please ??
Many thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,901 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

I think your first thing to do is to see if your browsers themselves are slow, if your whole computer has slowed or if it is a problem with your internet connection. One that is established then if it is your connection there is little you can do but contact your ISP, if it is the computer or the browser programs then there could be many causes including viruses. Run your scanners again and also run "est online scanner" (available on this site), "rkill" (available on this site) and "kaspersky virus removal tool" (not available on this site). The scanners should all be run set to "detect and prompt" NOT "automatically disinfect or delete" because they might find false positives. Another thing i can advise is have a look in windows's task manager (ctrl-alt-delete) and see if there are loads of entries under "processes" (or if it is windows 8 that will be labelled details), don't try stopping any as some of them might be something important but it is worth seeing if there is anything large under there which you KNOW FOR CERTAIN should not be running. Another useful thing to do is download "CCleaner", you might have some big temp files or huge caches slowing your whole system down.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users