Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen is Gray at Start Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dntcarenyny21

dntcarenyny21

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

I don't quite know if this topic falls under internal hardware but if not could someone still help me. I have a compaq presario cq56. The screen has disconnected from the keyboard. But when i turn on my computer, it starts up just fine but the screen is completely gray. As in gray gray....I know it still works underneath the gray screen. But i don't know if it's because the screen has almost completely disconnected from the keyboard. Can someone please tell me what I need to do? I want to revive my computer because it has everything on there and I don't want to start from scratch.  :nono:  :mellow:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:36 AM

The easiest way to do this is just use an external monitor. It will make the PC immobile, but this is the easier way.

Next comes trying to fix the screen so it shows good video. This is much more difficult. I presume the PC was dropped?? Anyway, here are two links to sites that give you teardown help;

The Presario CQ56 manual,,, http://www.manualslib.com/manual/30162/Compaq-Presario-Cq56.html?#manual .

A teardown video,,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkmW9vMBoDc .

#3 dntcarenyny21

dntcarenyny21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Thanks ElfBane! :thumbup2:  :)  B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users