Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iOS8 Update!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

iOS8 New! The biggest iOS release ever.  http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/

iOS updates are free. And they’re available to download wirelessly on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch the moment they’re released.

Your device even alerts you when it’s time to get the latest version. So you won’t miss out on all the amazing features in new updates.

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623

Note:  If you’re updating from iOS 4.3.x or earlier, you need to update using iTunes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

Don't jump in to early I have read many are having problems!

#3 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,567 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up Beel?  Interestingly enough, I was waiting to update when I synced to my computer!  I usually do not waste a minute with updates.

Are you able to point out what some of the problems are? 

Drat..if you read "all the good stuff" about this new iOS..who would think anything bad could take place! :crazy:

#4 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:35 AM

From what I read the problems were mostly on Iphones not having enough capacity for the update which is quite large. Others lost all their photographs and documents because they didn't back them up. I did the update on my Ipad which went without a hitch something that is unusual for me because I always find someway to mess things up? I hooked my ipad up to my Macbookair and downloaded the update via ITunes which was recommended and as I said all went well. If you have a PC you can download ITunes to it then hook your apple machine to it and do the upgrade that way...Good luck with it.

#5 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:51 AM

iOS8 New! The biggest iOS release ever.  http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/

iOS updates are free. And they’re available to download wirelessly on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch the moment they’re released.

Your device even alerts you when it’s time to get the latest version. So you won’t miss out on all the amazing features in new updates.

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:  http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623

Note:  If you’re updating from iOS 4.3.x or earlier, you need to update using iTunes.

Well count me out. I HAVE TO HAVE A BLEEPING 6.9 FREE SPACE so that would mean I LOSE EVERYTHING. I'm a lost cause and now my current version is broken. I can't download free apps because everytime I hit the free button to download it it turns green to confirm and when I touch it again It goes back to the free button. It won't go to the login screen. So I don't know, but I AM MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. PLEASE BLEEPING HELP ME. THIS IS A SERIous SITUATIoN. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

#6 puar

puar

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:19 PM

I'll just wait until I get my iPhone 6 and keep my iPhone 5 at 7.1.2.

#7 djmiiller

djmiiller

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

I updated my iPod touch to iso8 and it seemed to updated and I have not had any problems with it so far. I will try and keep an update if I find any problems.

#8 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

Well count me out. I HAVE TO HAVE A BLEEPING 6.9 FREE SPACE so that would mean I LOSE EVERYTHING. I'm a lost cause and now my current version is broken. I can't download free apps because everytime I hit the free button to download it it turns green to confirm and when I touch it again It goes back to the free button. It won't go to the login screen. So I don't know, but I AM MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. PLEASE BLEEPING HELP ME. THIS IS A SERIous SITUATIoN. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

Backup your device with iTunes before you update. Afterwards simply move your files back to your device.

Unofficial iOS Genius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users