Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard and mouse randomly not being recognized

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Connman116

Connman116

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

Help please my mouse and keyboard are not being recognized periodically.

My mouse and keyboard are both wired and my wireless card(???) is also connected to the same sets of usb ports on the back of my computer.

It makes the sound of being disconnected then the sound of being reconnected however it doesn't let me move the mouse or type anything.

The wireless card still works because I was once in dota 2 and I could still hear other players talking yet unable to move or type, this also rules out the computer freezing because other things from the game were moving.

I'm at a total loss and so far and no Google search has been helpful.

It is worth noting that my mouse probably has a small break in it so it disconnects on its own but it reconnects within seconds (i'm also replacing it as soon as possible).

Before this my keyboard has had no problems

So far the only way to fix the problem is resetting the computer

stats for computer

windows 7 service pack 1 64bit

Acer manufactured however the case has been replaced some time ago

intel core i7-2600 Cpu @3.40GHz

8gb ram

Edited by Connman116, 17 September 2014 - 05:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

When problems like these crop up the usual first step is to replace the components giving you grief and agony. You have said it yourself -'there is a small break in it' referring to your mouse - so try a different one. You don't need to go out and buy one right away, just borrow one for an hour or two. But given your remark, I'd get a new one, they are not what anyone would call expensive.

Try the mouse first and see if that solves your problem. If it doesn't, again, borrow a keyboard and try with a different one. It is uncommon for two components to fail at more or less the same time but it can happen And like mice. basic keyboards are not expensive.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Connman116

Connman116
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the welcome

As I stated before i'm replacing the mouse also a bit more details

the break happened around 3 days ago and I have been borrowing a different mouse as much as I can.

I have not tried out a different keyboard yet however the problem (thankfully?) is rare

The problem just started today around 5 hours(?) ago and happened once about an hour later

but after that I have never experienced it again but presumably it is looming to happen again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users