Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

amd driver problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fabiicas

fabiicas

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Today my graphics card driver (amd) stopped working and the screen blinking betwen completly black and showing the desktop, so i tried a restart the problem is that now the screen is completly black. Is there anyway of installing another driver (my gpu is a radeon mobike hd 3xxx series which is in my notebook) for my gpu so it solves the problem. I took the hdd and connected it to my desktop the problem is that my desktop as a nvidia gpu which i assume is the reason it didn't get past the windows loading screen, so i booted from the hdd that i use in my desktop and install the driver directly in the hdd from my notebook but it didn't work, so now i'm asking for your help.

My OS is windows 7 home premium 32 bits. - Notebook

My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits. - Desktop.

Edited by fabiicas, 17 September 2014 - 04:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

I suggest you boot from an install disk and perform a System Restore to an earlier time (before the problem), from the repair menu.

#3 fabiicas

fabiicas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

The problem is there's no display in my notebook so i can't use other hardware to boot up.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hi fabiicas,

From what I read your driver has an issue? it's not that the monitor is completely broken? you do see something on boot just not when Windows loads?

Assuming you answered yes to these questions... You can use a Windows install disk to boot the machine (boot from disk), it will not use the installed (broken) graphics driver that is loaded on the installation of Windows but a generic driver that works. Then you run system restore from the recovery options to restore your installed operating system back before the time the problem occurred. Make sure the HDD is in the original machine. Let's not over-complicate things.

Here is the Microsoft "how to".

#5 fabiicas

fabiicas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

No i was watching a video and for some reason my screen started blinking and between blinks the follow message appeared "Display Driver as stopped responding and has recovered" but this happened 10 to 15 times which was why i resorted to rebooting the pc. While the screen blinked between black screen and actually displaying a image (which was a really bad image, certain areas of the image were pixelated with different colors) what happened when i rebooted was that my screen didn't show absolutely anything i do notice the screen getting clearer but no image.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:47 PM

It appears that your graphics card has failed :(

You will need to seek professional repair.

Sorry.

#7 fabiicas

fabiicas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Was affraid of earing that since just 1 month ago i had to get a new HDD seems like the smartest approach to this is buying a new laptop this one recently has been giving me to much of an headache. Thanks for the help.

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:11 PM

That is what I'd do also. :thumbup2:

Good luck.

PS: don't be scared to pull your current laptop to bits and sell them off, it can help recoup some costs on buying a new machine.

#9 fabiicas

fabiicas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, either way i don't inted to buy a expensive laptop i just use this one for random browsing video watching and since i was saving for a gaming desktop i will just use the money for a laptop and keep saving for a bit longer (maybe the hardware for the gaming desktop will decrease a bit in price)

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:11 PM

There's an exciting new range of Intel i7 CPU's just come out... I dunno if you've seen them. 8 core powerhouses that a range of equally awesome new mobo's to support them. DDR4 RAM and native RAID support onboard. Chances are the prices might even drop a bit if you wanted to hook up one of these bad boys. Sadly I bought a new workstation just a year ago... So I'm going to have to wait a while too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users