This is more of an advanced question, I'll go over what I've tried and I'd like to get opinions from people that know more about the windows services in question.
I am doing Neural Network training using Encog Workbench, this is CPU intensive maxing out all cores.
Encog Workbench is a Java program.
I have a handful of windows services that start utilizing large amounts of CPU ONLY when encog is training:
Wsearch - Windows Search
SSDPSRV - SSDP Discovery
BFE - Base Filtering Engine
Dnscache - DNS Client
Some things I know:
According to perfmon, Encog (javaw.exe) isn't doing any file IO, it's working directly out of memory and is not making any requests to the network.
I STOPPED wsearch and SSDPSRV and it SAYS "stopped" in perfmon but they are still utilizing cpu!
When I stop training in Encog, all of these services CPU use drops to zero.
I tried stopping Webroot antivirus, no change.
I tried turning off windows firewall, no change (including Base Filtering Engine CPU use)
I tried turning off windows defender realtime scanner, no change.
Not sure where to go from here.