Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is very slow in normal mode but fast in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 keets

keets

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:04 AM

Sir I am using windows xp service pack3 for last 4 years, It was working fine. till past few days.. when sudden power failure caused it giving following error "windows cannot find local profile..." I created new profile and copied the files from old profile to this.

Though system was working fine. one of my software MPLAB IDE was not working  it used to give unspecified error and stop. So I used registry cleaner in safe mode and MPLAB IDE was started working properly. But window become slow at the start . It takes almost 5-10 minutes to get original screen. Also When I start explorer it holds up for a while (20-25 sec ).In safe mode everything works well. What may be the problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

The registry cleaner probably removed things that some startup programs needed, so now they get stuck and slow. Considering the problem and that you had to create a new user profile, I'd probably just reinstall windows fresh. (But maybe some other people have ideas for fixing it instead)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Registry Cleaner, Animal - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526247/tune-up-utilities-2014-problem/?p=3303494

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 keets

keets
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

Here is what I get after running minitoolbox..

Attached Files

#5 keets

keets
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

@Hamluis  No suggestions/solution ?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

I asked for two informational items...you supplied one.

Louis

#7 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

- The power outage has damaged the info regarding that user account. I would recommend to install Tweaking's Registry Backup. It makes a copy of the registry upon start up. Saves A LOT OF hassle when the next power outage comes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/registry-backup/

- I would recommend to backup all the files you generated with MPLAB IDE & all the settings to e.g. a USB stick. Then remove the program (with REVO uninstaller). In this case simply copying files doesn't always work.

- Delete as much files/info related to MPLAB IDE as possible with e.g. Ccleaner. See the result from the FARBAR minitool.

- Re-install MPLAB IDE. Does this program run a service (See Task Manager) in the background ? See also the results from Speccy (to be posted). If so, then that Service could point to the wrong folder(s).

Edited by Willy22, 25 September 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#8 accuratecomputer

accuratecomputer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:49 AM

Hey Friend, It may be possible because if PC in safe mode then it loads only minimum necessary files to run operating system and normal mode loads all the files and features of the system that may be due to your system's infection by virus scan. Scan your system or and reinstall windows again. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users