Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010, can receive but not send email abroad - intermittent problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 suzzetheq

suzzetheq

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

Hi all,

I am using outlook 2010, windows 8 on an Asus UX32A latop. I have an intermittent problem in that, when I go abroad, from some wireless networks (hotels or otherwise) I can send emails and others (increasingly more often), I cant. I have searched the web and this seems to be a common problem with port 25  (outgoing server - SMTP)  blocking being frequently identified as the culprit. However, I have tried a number of alternative ports to 25, but thus far to no avail.

If anyone out there has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them!

Cheers,

Susie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:29 AM

You would have to check with your email service provider to see if they have alternative mail servers and alternative ports available. If their mail servers are configured to use only port 25, then check to see if you can access your email using a web browser, as ports 80 and 443 are almost never blocked. It's not as convenient as Outlook, but at least it will work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users