Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I run hitman pro.alert along with avast free?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 titan1

titan1

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:50 PM

I run avast as my main antivirus and MBAM and hitman pro for on demand.If I run hitman pro.alert along with them,would it cause any conflict or system lag?Is hitman pro.alert effective?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

There shouldn't be any problems. I use HitmanPro.Alert with ESET on my machine, with avast on my wife's notebook and with avast on our spare laptop...all without issues.

Known issues in HitmanPro.Alert 2.5.1 (or older):
Alert is currently not yet compatible with Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security on 64-bit Windows versions. We've already identified the cause and are working on a solution.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 titan1

titan1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:51 AM

Thank you very much sir for your kind response. :)

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,070 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

You're welcome.

#5 AniCM

AniCM

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:31 AM

There shouldn't be any problems. I use HitmanPro.Alert with ESET on my machine, with avast on my wife's notebook and with avast on our spare laptop...all without issues.

Known issues in HitmanPro.Alert 2.5.1 (or older):
Alert is currently not yet compatible with Norton 360 and Norton Internet Security on 64-bit Windows versions. We've already identified the cause and are working on a solution.

If I may bother to ask, has Norton fixed this issue?

I've been kind of fond of Norton or Symantec since the Dr. Watson day so here's my question.

Currently I have Norton Full Security Suite wer 21.6.0.32. I also have Malwarebytes, Super Antispyware, adwcleaner and Emisoft Emergency Kit.

If I have learned one thing over the years, it's that there exists no single program that will catch or protect you for everything, so nothing is active except Norton and all the other warez are for secondary scans when I do full system cleanings about once a month.

Now, some people I know are huge fans of HitmanPro and I have used it occasionally in the past. I know that as a general rule you can't have 2 active antiviral apps running at the same time like say Norton and Comodo or AVG and BitDefender, but I was told that HitmanPro and HitmanAlert are not actually full antiviral warez and are for Ad/Spyware more than anything else, and that's specifically one of the things I've noticed Norton doesn't excel at, Adware/Spyware while. I was told all I have to do is whitelist them in Norton and I won't have any problems.

What I would like to know is can I have Norton active with HitmanPro3 and HitmanProAlert3 at the same time or would I have to keep them just on standby like the others? Also, on standby, wouldn't that basically defeat the whole purpose of Alert 3?

Thnx for any possible help.      

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

Hello there,

HitmanPro.Alert is actually a standalone app that alerts you when your browsers are compromised by banking trojans. In later releases SurfRight added the ability to neutralize active crypto ransomware (they are still running but they can no longer encrypt your files) and gives you the option to kill it with HitmanPro. Version 3 Release Candidate added exploit mitigration similar to Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit.

The discussion topic for HitmanPro.Alert is here. If you want to ask SurfRight any questions about the product, please post in there.

As for HitmanPro, it's a cloud-based AM scanner and won't interfere with Norton. You can have both HitmanPro and HitmanPro.Alert running in the background as they won't cause issues with Norton (if they do, please report it to SurfRight).

Regards,
Alex

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,070 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

You can check with support. There is an entire topic devoted to HitmanPro.Alert with CryptoGuard where erikloman, the Authorized SurfRight Rep. posts updates and answers questions.

#8 AniCM

AniCM

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:14 AM

Wow, thank you both Alexstraza and quietman7 for the rapid response.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,070 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users