Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to recover a file that's in the .Trash folder?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

My iMac running 10.6.8 has a .wav file that's in this location:

//localhost/Users/joedr/.Trash/03 Let Me Let Go.wav

I know this location is one that ClamX AV used a few times when it found something. I remember there was a warning a week or so ago about having found a Win Media folder infection I think, so maybe this .wav file is one that was infected. But I moved the infection to the trash then emptied it. Can, and should, this file be recovered or should I forget about it?

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 accuratecomputer

accuratecomputer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:27 AM

Well, if you do not have time machine backup then the most effective way to access the "hidden" files emptied from Trash is to rely on data recovery applications. It is  a safe, fast and easy application to perform trash recovery on your OS. Here is some steps of retrieving the file: Open the Trash folder and then select the items that you want to retrieve and hit the Delete button here is the red circle with line through it in the toolbar.  If you do not see that button, go to View -> Customize Toolbar and drag it from the palette of available buttons to wherever you want to park it. The item will disappear from the Trash and reappear in its original folder. Hope you will be satisty from my points.

#3 Twin B

Twin B
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

Thank you for replying. 

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users