Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counter Strike Source Problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 McCreadyAdam

McCreadyAdam

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

So I have this problem with my CSS, I go to play and I may play for 5 minutes, 10 minutes or even like 2 minutes and then my game shuts down and I get the error report by Microsoft saying that there is an error. The report says this:

AppName: hl2.exe
AppVer: 0.0.0.0
ModName: datacache.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 0000b413

I have looked over the internet and it seems alot of people are having this problem but no one knows how to fix it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times, once erasing everyhting on my computer that has to do with Steam and Valve but it still happens. I have tried the nosound option in strtup options but that does nothing as well. If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:01 AM

I have a Counter-Strike: Source problem as well. I can't stop playing! :thumbsup: :flowers:
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

So I have this problem with my CSS, I go to play and I may play for 5 minutes, 10 minutes or even like 2 minutes and then my game shuts down and I get the error report by Microsoft saying that there is an error. The report says this:

AppName: hl2.exe
AppVer: 0.0.0.0
ModName: datacache.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 0000b413

I have looked over the internet and it seems alot of people are having this problem but no one knows how to fix it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times, once erasing everyhting on my computer that has to do with Steam and Valve but it still happens. I have tried the nosound option in strtup options but that does nothing as well. If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Have you been able to play successfully before? If so, how long ago did you start having this problem?

#4 McCreadyAdam

McCreadyAdam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:39 AM

I have been able to play CSS for probably a year and a half, no problems at all durning that time. The problem happened about start of May so about a month now.

#5 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

i played counterstrike source for a while and then realized it was a buggy piece of crap game and went back to the original.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#6 McCreadyAdam

McCreadyAdam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:45 PM

Thats great that we are addicted to it or that the other guy hates but I would like to know how to fix it. Anybody

#7 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:25 PM

lol place disk in fire problem solved
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#8 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

That's always an option :thumbsup:

#9 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:19 AM

I really don't know what to tell you. If you've already looked around the internet and found some information but no answers, check out the VALVe forums.

http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=forums

You'll probably have to register first. It's where i go for the problems i've encountered using Steam or CSS. Just be careful over there. There are a lot of "high and mighty" users that treat everyone that asks a question like an idiot. Of course, you'd probably get more help over there than here....

#10 McCreadyAdam

McCreadyAdam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:52 PM

Well thanks for your time anyways Ill update you with the answer if I get one.

#11 wesone

wesone

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 04:26 PM

:thumbsup: why bother replying if u have nothin 2 say havin the same prob help any 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users