Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD BURNER drives 5 computer techs nuts

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:54 PM

HELLO EVERYBODY :hello:

so my dvd burner/player/cd player crashes makes a awful noise and wont open
A very organized chain sells me a samsung for a e-mechines h2824 ex pro.

I call seller on phone as i begin to play it for first time
it plays home recorded dvd you tube for a few minutes and then I try a movie i bought and own, 

it will not play, will not default to kmplayer, seller tech says it may have corrupted your computer, bring it in we will help you fix for 15.00

I take it back, they make me pay 15.00 to help me install another new dvd player they give me on their bench, they were darn helpful, guy did about 25 things tryin to get it to start.

reload kmplayer 5 times, now i have the new version with some nut throwing a
spear on the screen :warrior:

after a while he "tech" gets it to default to kmplayer, but it will not play, screen is blank
then little box comes up and says

Invalid data type for %'s

I am also getting a lot of "background script mess ups and stop, continue, when on site pages and debug just stalls mechine

AND NOW my stored music files will not play in kmplayer as well

my WMP is disected, and i did a good job, what i did let me watch movies and play cd's fine.

spent 6 hours in store for nothing have to go back tomarrow

I think they are at end of their wits, And i was very patient and they even noted that in conversation to me.

Beside any help any of you folks might be, how do i handle the fact my computer now works worse, plus new drive does nothing

thanks

jimbotoo :ranting:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

http://forums.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59535

I have no idea if that kmplayer forum issue will help you, but I hope so

BTW, on the Samsung DVD optical drive you bought, did those technicians test it on one of their computers or do you have another computer to test it on?

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

it plays home recorded dvd you tube for a few minutes and then I try a movie i bought and own,

It could be a software default problem also. Have you tried using VLC instead? http://www.videolan.org/index.html

Tekken

#4 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

Danvel said in a pm -

Several things to consider. First, where did the original player come from? Are there specific drivers for the new one? For example, I obtained an LG BluRay player that came with drivers and CyberLink player software, both of which had to be installed for the system to recognize BD disks.

Go to Device Manager (right-click My Computer, select Manage, select Device Manager). In the DM window you will find an item labeled "DVD/CD-ROM drives". Double click that to open it (if it ain't already). You should find the new player listed. If not, or if the player listing has a yellow triangle next to it, you have a driver problem and there should have been a CD with the drive which needs to be installed. I would recommend you NOTY install any player software that came with it. That will conflict with KMPlayer.

where is the device manger?

when i go to my computer i see no device manager!

just a dvd-rw drive file

jimbotoo :bubbles:

Edited by jimbotoo, 16 September 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#5 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

Ok I found it......all it says is

what i belive is dvd player maker -tsstcorp dvd rw ts  h662

should i look on net for a driver that works with kmplayer

UPDATE

I went to tsstcorp.com, their driver tester say my driver is fine,

they offered a fix progarm and i tried it and it did nothing and deleted

then hit me with a ad that said it was sick.

everything still does not work same and thanks to DANVEL for trying

Edited by jimbotoo, 16 September 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#6 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:52 PM

http://forums.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59535

I have no idea if that kmplayer forum issue will help you, but I hope so

BTW, on the Samsung DVD optical drive you bought, did those technicians test it on one of their computers or do you have another computer to test it on?

GREAT RESPONSE no they did not, but its on my list now

thank you, that might move a ball!

jimbotoo

#7 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:36 AM

It could be a software default problem also. Have you tried using VLC instead? http://www.videolan.org/index.html

Thank you jhayz

VLC will not play my phone vids, when kmp says it will play anything they mean it

I don't even have to convert youtube down loads, convert ever anything.

I am still getting ---Invalid data type for %'s on kmplayer  screen, computer says dvd/cd  player is fine, by DAVNELS suggestion :thumbsup2:

lastly this new one burns dvds too, could i need a  code  or something for that as the other one just played them i think??

also i am getting a lot of "a script may have jamed , you may stop, it debug, it or let it go on

box warnings :halloween:

no matter what i decide to do, it takes forever to get back on track

but so glad to see "help" still works 1000% at bleeping computer

certain member manic activity here lately sorta had me scared off. :dance:

I am crazy but not mean. :bowdown:

if i left anyone out thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!

jimbotoo :hello:

Edited by jimbotoo, 17 September 2014 - 02:39 AM.

#8 davnel

davnel

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

Jimbotoo:

Try this:

http://forums.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11429

#9 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

"no matter what i decide to do, it takes forever to get back on track" I sure can relate to that

Davnel brought up some excellent comments

--- At this point in time, I wouldn't trust the Samsung unit unless its tested to run properly on another computer

--- Don't worry about kmplayer yet as that computer might have WMP; just find out whether or not the Samsung unit will work for a few hours or even a day with how you normally use your system

--- If it runs well with WMP on that computer, then there probably is an issue on how the Samsung unit relates to the way kmplayer data type for whatever reason

Try a System Restore to a time when the computer was running ok

--- Since you can't use the original DVD drive, I hope someone else can chime in as to whether or not you can do so without an installed DVD drive

It appears to me it might be a good idea to remove the Samsung unit and go through the maintenance procedures you normally do

Do you have an image you can restore the computer back to a working condition?

#10 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

THANKS  DAVNEL :hello:

"no matter what i decide to do, it takes forever to get back on track" I sure can relate to that

Davnel brought up some excellent comments

--- At this point in time, I wouldn't trust the Samsung unit unless its tested to run properly on another computer

--- Don't worry about kmplayer yet as that computer might have WMP; just find out whether or not the Samsung unit will work for a few hours or even a day with how you normally use your system

--- If it runs well with WMP on that computer, then there probably is an issue on how the Samsung unit relates to the way kmplayer data type for whatever reason

Try a System Restore to a time when the computer was running ok

--- Since you can't use the original DVD drive, I hope someone else can chime in as to whether or not you can do so without an installed DVD drive

It appears to me it might be a good idea to remove the Samsung unit and go through the maintenance procedures you normally do

Do you have an image you can restore the computer back to a working condition?

cmptrgy :hello:

COPIED your response to show tech to day

first burner played once and died

so did this one .......................Soooooooooooo Glad you noticed as others did here

jimbotoo :smash:

#11 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

DAVNEL :welcome:

also i am getting a lot of "a script may have jamed , you may stop, it debug, it or let it go on

what can i do about that ,,, i use fire fox

#12 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

HEY FELLA!!

funny thing that should be imposible

after i change something on XP, often after a week or so it all gets fast again

I have seen this often.

#13 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,630 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

What is the tech's next course of action?

#14 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:41 AM

thanks Davnel

this was not exactly the problem tho related

What is the tech's next course of action?

Hi cmptrgy--see below and thank you

THREE ( used)  DVD PLAYERS AND STILL NOT RIGHT

Dear everyone and jhayz THANKS   :thumbup2:          

A bit of a story here   :lmao:

Turns out first 2 dvd players they sold me were used but sold to me as brand new, the last they gave me, the light will not come on, i suspect it is used too, the first was broke when bench tested, the second had letters worn off from pushing door slide shut instead of using button, bench test showed it was messed up too and the third i have now will not connect to kmplayer, this led to another bad thing, VCL will auto play it but the volume is way way too low, kmplayer refused to default to this new dvd player, kmplayer has a great low distorion equlizer, and a class act screen, if you just start a dvd or file, doing that the caveman guy with a spear does not show up. VCL has a submirine control board look that is goofy and/but a smooth sound but i got a 55 % vloume drop, so i can't really rate sound

The mgr got very nervious when i explained his own folks said stuff was used, Sorry, but its my real day job, I sensed an old fear in him, eyes pinned, blush response from red to white, held breath, body ridgid, person walked by him said hello he said nothing back just aimed at me, it is a very un honorable  thing to say if i am wrong---

but i think this is a old issue.

This is a very big chain, every one of you knows of them,,, and i just spent 12 hours of my 2 work days life there  cleaning up their 'used' act, but still not on kmplayer, after a darn long drive-4 times.

Any suggestions on what i should say to the store mgr   :halloween:

facts are i paid new, got used 3 times, as 3rd player has burned out led. lost 2 work days trying to fix used junk., gained a world of frustration and still no kmplayer, very low volume  for a big computer sterio 

ps, the techs are very very good people, warm and not geeky. they really tried hard- but even they admitted it was used stuff after i had them inspect it, I promise you that on my honor as a man.

PSS found the VCL equlizer, it has a volume set that got volume way up, --WOW very smooth sound

is there a way to get did of the darn orange traffic pylon :hysterical:

JIMBOTOO  :hello:

Edited by jimbotoo, 18 September 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#15 davnel

davnel

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:52 AM

If this is part of a large chain, I suggest you go to corporate headquarters (or communicate with them), with proof, and issue a formal complaint. Failing that, a small claims suit will do. If all three were used, you probably need look no further. They're ripping you. If this is a standard DVD/CD player, buy a new one yourself, from a major distributor. They won't cost much (like under $30). In fact, get two, one for spare.

As a side question, is this the built in drive from a laptop or a desktop unit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users