Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion dv6700 STOP: 0x0000009F

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:33 PM

I attempted a factory recovery to this HP Pavilion Entertainment PC laptop but I am getting the BSOD and researching online I am finding different causes and solutions. The recovery did not recognize either the DVD drive nor the Sound and I still keep getting that BSOD message, I tried Startup repair, that did not work. I would like to try to reload Vista from a retail disk but in the boot order, the only option showing is the HDD, in the BIOS I am seeing all boot options are showing and no matter what I select to boot off either a USB cd drive or internal cd rom, none of them works.

I then ran the Recovery again and now anytime I restart I am seeing that BSOD only for a split second before it goes to windows but the system still does not recognize the DVD rom, the Sound and USB. I tried installing the chipset and audio drivers from HP's site but no change, does this mean that the DVD, USB port and sound module is shot? As you can see there isn't a Sound device showing nor the DVD?

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr298/mikehende/Untitled_zps0cb6eb6f.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,607 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

Could very well be the motherboard. Check out these links.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/HP-Pavilion-DV6700-Recall/td-p/1187275

http://vpheonix.wordpress.com/2010/03/27/hp-pavilion-dv6700-owners-are-out-of-luck-this-means-me/

Edit: You said "the only option showing is the HDD, in the BIOS I am seeing all boot options are showing and no matter what I select to boot off either a USB cd drive or internal cd rom, none of them works"

I am a little confused as you said the only option showing was HDD and in your next sentence it seems you are also able to select USB CD drive and Internal CD Rom from a list. Does Pressing enter when the HDD boot device is highlighted in BIOS give you a USB HDD option?

Edited by JohnC_21, 16 September 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#3 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

Yeah, I am suspecting motherboard issues, I will send it to my friend's shop today to know for sure. To clarify, when I press F9 to enter the boor order, it shows only one item, the HDD. When I go into Setup [F2], the Boot Order shows all the options mentioned but none of them works.

Regarding "Does Pressing enter when the HDD boot device is highlighted in BIOS give you a USB HDD option?", no it doesn't. Even if it did, if these many issues are Mobo related then reloading the OS wont solve the problem will it?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,607 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

No it will not but thanks for the clarification on the boot order. I forgot that HP has a F9 key to bring up the boot order. I thought it was only available in BIOS.

#5 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,452 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:58 AM

Appreciate all of your help, you will definitely see me on here again, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users