Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help buying a new laptop, second opinion needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Renegade10

Renegade10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

I need a laptop that is built sturdy enough to perfectly capture and record video game footage using my Elgato Capture Device. I'm starting a youtube channel and i am looking to increase the quality of my videos (Youtube.com/SFGamingVids)

I have my eye on this one in particular
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-14-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-silver-aluminum/1753322.p?id=1219062804631&skuId=1753322

and i need a second opinion. now before you say "you should get a deskptop pc its better!!" i do not... let me reiterate DO NOT want to, nor do i have any desire to game on this laptop.
i literally ONLY need it to record footage for my elgato. my current laptop (a lenovo think pad) can do this but not for long, and not at a high quality. i can record for about an hour before my laptop starts to overheat and the footage stutters and becomes unusable. then my laptop will shut itself off.
i need a laptop that i can record and capture footage all day long if i feel like. and rendering at a decent quality. it doesn't need to be 1080, 720 is perfect enough. i need mobility.

now what do you think of this laptop?should i go with this or another? im not willing to spend more than a grand. $1000 is my limit. i like this $800 dollar price rang and will like to keep it that way. honestly if you can think of something that will do the job for around $500 than i would love to hear that as well, but realistically i know this probably will not happen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

This one would be a better buy for not much more expense:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-envy-touchsmart-17-3-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-natural-silver/6522006.p?id=1219275642768&skuId=6522006&st=categoryid$abcat0502000&cp=1&lp=1

The reason for this is because the processor is faster, you get more memory, and would be better for video encoding (faster). It is a bit bigger than the other, but would generally be a better laptop for what you are looking for.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users