Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer wont turn on sometimes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pandail

Pandail

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hi 

I have been having some problems with getting my computer to turn on when I want it to. When I put my computer on sometimes it will start but wont let me turn it back on again the same day and I would have to wait for the next day to turn it on. But some days it wouldn't start at all.

When I put the plug on and check the power light at the back of the computer the green light would be on and when I press the power button I hear a slight noise maybe the fan? I'm not sure! Then it would not start and when I check the green light at the back and it has gone off.

I have checked all the wires at the back of the computer they were all fine and even vacuumed all the dust away inside , but still have the same problem.

Can anyone please give me any information on what the problem could be.

Thank you ^^

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

It could be the on/off switch, the power supply or problem with the mainboard/cards.

From what you describe though it sounds like you need a new power supply.  They are pretty easy to install if you feel up to it.

#3 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

I second the power supply, but would check the two main connectors from the PSU to the motherboard, the big 20-24 pin one and the 4 pin connector that plugs in near the CPU.

If either one of them is loose, it can cause those symptoms.

If you reseat them and it still happens, it almost sure to be your PSU.

All is well in Paradise.

#4 Pandail

Pandail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:09 AM

Thank you for your replies^^

I shall try to reseat the wires if it doesn't work I'll have to get a new PSU. I'll let you know if it works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users