Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Settings Aren't Right After Changing Cd-rom Drive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lenoree

lenoree

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:21 AM

the computer was running fine untill i put in a new cd-rom drive, because the other one didn't work anymore. my boyfriend is the one who did it and he didn't know what he was doing, but now my color pixels and page size are messed up. my internet page is different and everything. ive already asked for help, and no one else could help me. im soo stressed, i need the computer for work, and now it s not working right. some pictures i can't even see parts of.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

if you have a pci graphics card make sure when he put the cd rom in he didn't accidently loosen it up just unplug everything and take your side of the pc off and make sure that the card is seated firmly in the pci slot,of you have an integrated graphics card double check all you settings by rigt clicking on your desktop , click on properties and goto the tab marked settings that will open your display settings up where you can change the size of your pixels,if that doesnt do it your graphics card may have gone out and you can purchase a new one at walmart anywhere from 50 to 100 dollars ,you can also goto a local computer shop pick one up cheaper than that i know that computers plus have them pretty cheap in my home town also make sure if you have both an integrated one and a pci card like i do make sure when he plugged everything in he plug the monitor in the correct port on the back of your computer i have accidently done that before when i got in a hurry

Edited by bandaid1968, 08 June 2006 - 10:27 AM.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:29 AM

Hi lenoree.
What is the make and model of your system and are you using Win95,98 or ME?
Also, right click the "My Computer" icon on your desktop then select "Properties".
In "Device Manger", if you see any yellow or red icons next to a device, let us know which one\ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users