Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All kinds of problems with Vista and BSOD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BaddAndy

BaddAndy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

General Description of problems:

I first noticed problems 3 days ago, on 9/11/14.  It started when I noticed my AC adapter was not charging my laptop. Which is a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5868. I went and bought a new one and it worked.  The next morning I started my laptop up and when Windows loaded, everything seemed slow, or delayed.  When I hovered the cursor over something, it took a bit to notice it, or highlight it.

I decided to run MBAM to see if any problems came up. Well, about 5 minutes into the scan, it froze and stopped.  I couldn't do anything, so I powered off and started it back up. Nothing still.  I shut down and left it for a while. Last night, I turned it on to upload some pictures from my camera,. and same thing happened.

I tried Ctrl,Alt+Del and got a warning box that said: Log on process has failed to create the security option dialog- Failure-Security Options.

Then the next error I got was after I went into Safe mode w/ networking and did a C: drive scan, It made me restart, and nothing happened until this popped up:

Microsoft Security Client        

An error has occurred in the program during initialization 

Error Code: 0x800b003

I then noticed that Microsoft Security Essentials was no  longer showing up on the tray and then I started getting 5 pop up warnings

1.- Windows SQM consolidator has stopped working

2.- HD Audio Control Panel has stopped working

3.- Windows Sidebar has stopped working

4.- Synaptics Touchpad Enhancements has stopped working

5.- Windows Firewall has stopped working

*All these came up at the same time

-I shut down for the night due to major frustration

So then this morning 9/15/14 I started again, when I turned on my laptop I noticed MSE was down on the tray, and windows seemed to be working, so I thought I'd run another MBAM scan, 10 minutes in, it stopped and I got a BSOD. with STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x867cd7cd, 0x867cd9dc, 0x82275c30)

And today 9/16 I got these two errors:

-Syntpenh.exe application error- The application has failed to initialize properly (0x0000006)

-Microsoft Security Client- Error code: 0xc0000006

I can only work in Safe Mode too.

Now I'm stuck with what to do.

Please help, I'll love ya forever :)

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jared44

Jared44

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:09 AM

Can you upload the dump files for analysis.

Go to

C:\Windows\minidump

Upload all those files by copying them to the desktop and compressing them in a single .zip folder.

Or even better, upload a Kernel memory dump.

Go the Start
Right click My Computer
Select Properties
Click Advanced system settings
Click on the Advanced tab
Select Settings under Startup and Recovery
Then under Write debugging information select Kernel memory dump.

Once a dump is created go to:

C:\Windows\memory.dmp

Copy the file to the desktop, zip it up and upload it to a file sharing site like Onedrive. After the upload is done post the download link in your next reply.

#3 BaddAndy

BaddAndy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sorry... been busy on other bleep.

I had to reinstall Windows, laptop was going crazy. I did have a chance to grab this though. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ice5zn6nkzd6q22/Mini091514-01.zip

Also, once the reinstall was done and Windows was updating, I got this message http://www.mediafire.com/download/ice5zn6nkzd6q22/Mini091514-01.zip (I hope this works.)

So pretty sure the HDD is toast. Looking for options now.!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

Can you boot into Windows at all?

Normally or in Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Jared44

Jared44

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

It might be but I'll need a Kernel memory dump to see if there are any other causes.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users