Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

itunes tracks from itunes account to mp 3player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 number9scores

number9scores

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

this has probably been asked a 1000 times before but...how can I transfer the tracks I have purchased on my itunes account to play on my mp3 player? I still love my trusty old sony nwhd5 and prefer this to using my iphone.  itunes 11 and windows vista

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Hello there number9scores and welcome to Bleeping Computer. :welcome:

Been awhile since I fussed with any iTunes tracks but the first thing you need to look at is are the tracks that you downloaded from iTunes in the old AAC format or are they actual MP3s?

Your beloved Sony NW-HD5 will play MP3s but won't play the AAC files that Apple used to use. I think Apple did away with the default AAC files/tracks a few years ago, after enough people complained.

If you've been downloading for a long time and you've still got some old AAC files/songs, you can, using iTunes, convert all of those AAC files to MP3 files, which I strongly suggest, since MP3s can be played on almost any device.

If you haven't done this conversion before - and it's easy - you'll find some easy directions here. Scroll down to the 2nd section (To convert a song's file format) and follow those directions.

Please note, once this is completed - as I recall - you may now have 2 versions of the song, one as an ACC file and the other as a MP3.

Hope that helps.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users