Hello, I have a problem with my new PC, I appear to have accidentally installed some malicious software in error and it's now playing havoc with my browser, spamming pages with adverts, ruining google searches with irrelevant results and occasionally attempting to redirect the browser to a malicious site when I decline a warning to update a problem with Java. My machine is running Windows 7.
So far I have already attempted:
1. Uninstalled anything that looks dodgy. The machine is fairly new (around 6 weeks) so there's not much on it. Also searched the C drive for suspicious folders, but found nothing.
2. Run Malwarebytes. It found a reasonable amount of issues and deleted them, but the problem persists.
3. Run CCleaner. Found nothing.
4. Run JunkwareRemovalTool. It deleted three files but made no difference.
5. Run RKill. Found nothing.
6. Run TDSKiller. Found nothing.
7. Run AdwCleaner. Found another list of stuff to delete, but again the problem persists.
I have downloaded CombiFix, but have not run it yet.
Not sure what else to try now, it seems this problem is deep rooted.
Thanks in advance for your assistance. You guys proved very helpful the last time I had issues and I will not hesitate to make another donation to the site once this issue is resolved too!
Edited by Kozy86, 15 September 2014 - 04:30 PM.