Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashing Repeatedly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alynch506

alynch506

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Hello all,

My computer has recently been crashing soon after startup. Once I login, if I leave it idle it'll be okay, but as soon as i start to use it to do anything I have about a minute and a half (sometimes shorter or longer) before it completely freezes. Sometimes it will go to blue screen, sometimes the screen will change colors and such, but usually it just freezes. When it does, I can sometimes hear the CPU fan kick into high gear.

Here are my specs:

Custom

Intel i7 950 3.07ghz

12gb corsair xms3 ddr3

GeForce GTX470

Asus P6X58e Pro board

2TB SATA

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Here’s what I’ve tried so far to fix the problem (no results):

• Fresh install of Windows

• Swapped memory (twice)

• Disabled all startup programs

• Cleaned all fans/heat sync. Fresh thermal paste (CPU runs at normal temp until crash)

• Safe mode (runs for much longer but still ends up crashing at some point)

• Virus/malware scans

• CCcleaner

Any suggestions or help that you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Addison

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludshot

bludshot

• Members
  • 657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:39 AM

What does the blue screen say?

Feels like it is your video card maybe.

#3 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,062 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

if you pull up your task manager, you can find out if there are processes that are hogging resources which is what a hyper cpu fan would indicate. go to the processes tab and then you can click on cpu or memory to show least to greatest or vice versa.

can you substitute another video card for test? i keep an old 9500gt just to use for test if there is no onboard integrated video to use.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users