Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP wont run chkdsk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

This is kinda puzzling me, I had a warning pop up saying one of my fonts was corrupt. And then it said to run chkdsk to scan for problems. Well I did that and it said it was scheduled to do the scan the next time the pc rebooted. I rebooted, and all it said was "Volume is clean" and it continued on. never even scanned. What is going on? This has never happened before..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

NOBODY?????????????????????????????

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

I have read that doing a repair install can fix this problem.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

Let's try this one more time.

Please be patient.

EVERYONE HERE is a volunteer with a real life. 

Keep in mind that those who have knowledge about what you are asking may not be online at this time.

Now if you would rather have a reply for the sake of getting one I or others could answer your question for you. But it would not be correct or based in fact if we have no clue about your issue and WHY.

Please check  and read your private messages.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 15 September 2014 - 03:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users