Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jonny93

jonny93

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hey,

I am pretty desperate now as I recently got a new Lenovo z500 ideapad laptop, which i think its 9 months old only.

All of the sudden, one day the shift key started to automatically been pressed down.. as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms.. and it happened at random times

After much forums, some say hold shift key down for 10 secs or x amount of secs, disable sticky keys, filter keys, bounce keys, or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc..

Did all those, disabled sticky keys, bounch keys, filter keys and now whenever i on my comp, the shift key will automatically be pressed down, so i have to hold the shift key for like 5-8secs to disable it, than it works fine and no more occurence.

However, a new problem occurs.. now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key.. when the right shift key is pressed down, none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job..

Than, the left shift key could not caps the letter z, t, y, m, and a few more.. but it works prefectly fine with other keys.. Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps, all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed..

So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine.. right shift key is working, left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop..

So what is the problem actually and how to solve it?? is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem? Novice here

(Ps: now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia.. yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty)

thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out.. :((

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users