Do you know where to download the drivers for your custom built PC from? You will need to know before you reinstall really.
If this is a custom build and you assembled it, the motherboard should have come with a CD which contains most of the drivers you will need. It will not contain drivers for peripheral devices, such a printer.
If you wish to start with a completely blank hdd you can use a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke. This will completely overwrite the entire hdd.
You will need to download the ISO image and then burn it to a dsic, this will create a bootable disc which will run independently of the operating system.
If you are using a computer with Windows 7 or Windows 8, you can use the instructions below to burn the ISO image to a disc.
How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.
Notice: This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.
1. Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.
2. After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.
3. When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane. Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it. Click on Burn Disk Image.
4. In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use. Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn. Click on burn.
5. In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.
6. After the image has completed being burned click on Close.
If the operating system is Vista or earlier you can use the instructions below to burn the ISO image to a disc.
Burning a ISO file to a CD or DVD with ImgBurn
To burn a ISO file to a CD or DVD please downlaod ImgBurn
and install it.
Insert blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive.
Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.
Click on the Browse for a file icon:
Locate the ISO file you want to burn, and click on the Open button.
Click on the blue arrow to start burning the bootable CD.
Edited by dc3, 15 September 2014 - 11:52 AM.