Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows downloading the same up-dates each day.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Saska01

Saska01

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

For the past 4 days,every time i shut down my PC,i get the standard up-date message regarding ''downloading 2 Windows up-dates''. It seemed a bit odd as it's never happened before in all the years i've had a PC,so i checked the up-date log & all the up-dates have been exactly the same ones, & they successfully up-dated each time,so it's not been a case of 'failed' up-dates. I've changed the settings to allow me to choose whether to up-date or not,but i'm expecting a message each day telling me about new up-dates.  Has anybody got any idea regarding what's going on & how i can stop this happening ?. I've been using auto up-date util now & it's been fine,

Thanks

Edited by Saska01, 15 September 2014 - 01:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johnebadbak

johnebadbak

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

switch the update form automatic to manual so you can decide which updates to install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users