Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fire Hazard Sparks Recall Of Hp Digicams

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in conjunction with Hewlett-Packard, on Tuesday issued a recall of all HP R707 digital cameras.By Candace Lombardi, CNET News.com Published on ZDNet News: June 6, 2006, 10:06 AM PT The recall follows a report of one R707 overheating and catching fire while being used with non-rechargeable batteries.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:21 PM

Talk about a flaming pile of crap!!! :thumbsup:

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:46 PM

How true...

#4 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:09 PM

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in conjunction with Hewlett-Packard, on Tuesday issued a recall of all HP R707 digital cameras.

By Candace Lombardi, CNET News.com
Published on ZDNet News: June 6, 2006, 10:06 AM PT

The recall follows a report of one R707 overheating and catching fire while being used with non-rechargeable batteries.
Link: ZD Net Article

Scarlett, thank you thank you thank you!!

I had no idea about the recall - and worse, we gave this exact camera to our daughter and she, in turn, knew nothing about the recall either! (Fire is the one thing that truly throw terror into my heart!!)

I could just hug you from afar, kind lady!

Mara

Edited by Scarlett, 11 June 2006 - 05:36 AM.

Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:40 AM

You are very welcome!
Posted Image

#6 Merlin_22

Merlin_22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:05 PM

Hehe I dont use HP hardware.... cause they suck I use Cannon, Panasonic Sirocco, Seagate. so forth and so forth

TONY

Kids Safe Forum <--- Please read the site guidelines before registering. You don't have to be a parent nor have any information. You can register and ask things on the forum if you want.

Update: Kids Safe is bringing out K.S.A, for more information on what it is; click the link below:
http://kidssafe.co.nz/index.php?showtopic=504

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users