Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can My Computer Run Windows Vista?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shaelon42

Shaelon42

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:36 PM

Hi I want to know if my computer will be able to run Windows Vista with these following Specs:
Amd Duron 760 Mhrz Proccesor
448 MB of Ram
128 MB Video Card Radeon 9000 Series Pro
250 GB IDE Hard Drive
56K Modem Chip
17" x 15" Monitor

Will my computer run Windows Vista without Aero Glass?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 no one

no one

• Members
  • 843 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:31 PM

you may want to look here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4996998.stm#table

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster"

Posted Image

#3 Shaelon42

Shaelon42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:54 PM

I have read every one, But I need to know if it will run?

#4 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:52 AM

got to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/ and then navigate to to "get ready" and download the windows vista upgrade advisor it will tell you what needs to be upgraded when you install vista

#5 Shaelon42

Shaelon42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:29 PM

I have used that Advisor, but I have been reeding hundreds of System Requirments, and some of them 256 for Home Baisc, and starter, and 512-2GB recomended for the premium editions, and 2GB+ for Ultimate. I am just asking.

#6 AutoSciz

AutoSciz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:56 AM

From what I remember, 512MB of RAM is the minimum for Vista . Minimum meaning you can install it, but running it is another story. Just looking at the rest of your comp specs, well...

No.

Windows Vista: Minimum Support System Requirements. Start saving now, and you'll have plenty money to spend on a Vista-ready computer by the time it is released.

Edited by AutoSciz, 12 June 2006 - 12:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users