Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ptiinc

ptiinc

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

I have an internet connection but when I click on IE icon I receive a message that IE cannot display the webpage. I have tried a number of sites but still receive the same message. I have run Diagnose Connection Problems and receive a message google is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web service (HTTP) with this computer. Under that is a box that says Verify the current proxy server configuration.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

What version of IE are you using, what is your operating system, and how are you connecting to the internet ?

If, like many of us, you are using wi-fi and a router your connection is in two parts.

The first is the connection from your computer to the router, you need the access code for the router. Most operating systems have a wi-fi indicator of some sort at the right hand end of the taskbar. A yellow symbol on this means there is a connection problem, a blue circle on it means your computer is trying to connect to the router.

The second part is from the router to the internet, normally via a phone company's exchange. About the only things you can usefully at this side of the router are check your connections are solid, possibly change the filter unit for another, and re-boot the router. To do this you merely switch it off, wait 30 seconds or so and switch it on again. Once all the indicator lights have settled down try connecting again.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users