Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Repair v2.8.9 in Snap Files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Can I get a idea if this program is good or bad? I don't have great enough computer skills to be sure.  If I should not mess with it, I wont even download it. I was just looking. The only freeware site I will go to is Snap Files. I did the copy and paste thing from this site. ( below ) is all there words. Thanks, Chuck

(http://www.snapfiles.com/get/tcwinrepair.html  fixes a variety of Windows problems) Windows Repair (Tweaking.com) is an all-in-one system repair tool that is designed to restore a variety of Windows settings to their default values. The program is not designed for casual "tweaking" but to perform actual repairs on a system that is experiencing problems. Windows Repair comes with a step-by-step wizard that guides you through several prerequisites like running CheckDisk, checking for corrupt system files and creating a system restore point. You can then choose the Basic, Advanced or Custom repair mode (each offers different repair options) and start to repair your system.Windows Repair offers solutions for the following problems: Reset Registry Permissions and File Permissions, Register System Files, Repair WMI, Repair Windows Firewall, Repair Internet Explorer, Repair MDAC & MS Jet, Repair Hosts File, Remove Policies Set By Infections, Repair Icons, Repair Winsock & DNS Cache, Repair Proxy Settings, Unhide Non System Files, Repair Windows Updates,

Edited by hamluis, 14 September 2014 - 02:41 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,208 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

tweaking.com's Windows Repair is widely used, I and others I know (personally and on this website) find it very useful.

There is also a direct download link on the tweaking.com website, both for installed and portable versions:

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

(As usual, I advise ignoring the prominent scan suggestion at the top of that page.)

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hi,

The program is good to fix certain problems but I wouldn't recommend their use for any problem you may face.

It's also hosted here at BleepingComputer.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#4 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Thank you all, for the great advice. Iam not going to download it. Iam going stay away from it. Really I don't trust anything to do with registry cleaners or anything. I do like to ask, I don't know enough about computers. I just know enough if you don't know what your doing, stay out of registry, I do for sure. You can really mess up your computer. Thanks, Chuck

#5 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

Thank you all, for the great advice. Iam not going to download it. Iam going stay away from it. Really I don't trust anything to do with registry cleaners or anything.

The program doesn't have nothing to do with Registry Cleaners, it provides a collection of proven fixes for known problems in a easy form to anyone to use.

Although the program is simple to use I would recommend its use on guidance from someone with experience in solving Windows problems.

Edited by SleepyDude, 14 September 2014 - 10:01 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#6 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

Thank you all, for the great advice. Iam not going to download it. Iam going stay away from it. Really I don't trust anything to do with registry cleaners or anything. I do like to ask, I don't know enough about computers. I just know enough if you don't know what your doing, stay out of registry, I do for sure. You can really mess up your computer. Thanks, Chuck

solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users