Is the second floor balcony too low for what I want to . . . . .
What I have done:
1) Reformatted my entire hard drive, all partitions, five times over the last several months. Gone baby gone formatting. I have a genuine Win 7 CD and Key.
2) I try and follow the links on this site for the safe URL of various programs such as Anti malware and Firefox.
3) Maintain different Standard Accounts on my Win 7 system, and only use the Admin one when necessary. All have passwords.
4) I have not installed many programs, because I can't get this computer stable enough and quite frankly it is a pain in the (____) as I have to reset all my user preferences again etc. and I am just too (__ss__) off.
Obvious problems in the last two days include:
1) The first symptom is Internet Explorer asking me to install EI11. This is consistent.
2) Adware has quarantined and removed "PackageAdware" twice now and it still comes back. When I start Firefox the browser goes wild in the bottom left hand corner and is copying, transferring, connecting to a myriad of other sites.
3) As of yesterday 13 September 2014 Eset was run three times in a row. The first time it caught 2 PUP; both win32hiddenstart in different corners of my PC. I selected remove threats. I ran it a second time to ensure it didn't discover any more looming PUP, only to have it discover four PUP this time! Again I had selected the remove threats option. So. . . I ran it a third time and this time it discovered six PUP's! What is happening here? I am truly lost at figuring out how to eliminate and prevent further issues.
4) Another obvious symptom is Firefox taking an excessively long time to load sites, and resisting my attempt to log onto or even get to the BleepingComputer.com site.
5) This AM I had to use EI to get to Bleeping after trying Firefox first. Of course all the adwarepackage (__________) was going wild again.
6) Changes I have made to my computer consist of reloading Family Tree Maker 2014, downloading the drivers for my printer Cannon MX452, Updating Microsoft Security Essentials (which has not caught a thing), installing Microsoft Office from my disc.
7) I use one flash drive for schoolwork, my Memo Tablet, and I haven't installed my iPhone anything yet as it is a (____) to keep reinstalling.
8) I want to use Malwarebytes, but I have no idea if I am getting a genuine download and the screen shots of what it looks like on this site do not match what I have on my screen, so I won't use it until I know I have a genuine download. I do not know how I will know that.
I have the logs saved of the various reports generated and will not post them to this site until I have a genuine, qualified, cyber savvy expert to help me. How do I know this? Am I feeling a little paranoid? Yes, with good reasons. Is anyone willing to help me beat the (_______) out of these problems?