Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

D-aware--reg Mod What Does It Mean

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 sbruce

sbruce

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:45 PM

ad aware screen pops up and says "registry modification detected". should i do something?
XP Pro 2002, SP 2; HP Intell T2400 1.83 GHz
987 Mhz .099 GB RAM; MS Outlook; Anti virus: AVAST; LAVASOFT Ad-aware;
Firefox 2.0.0.9

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,986 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:25 PM

Hi sbruce, What were you doing on the computer when the message popped up? Reading email, installing a program, surfing the net, scanning, etc? What security programs do you have? Do you have AdAware SE Free or paid version?
You have posted in the wrong topic. This one would be appropriate: Am I infected? What do I do?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 sbruce

sbruce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:47 PM

not sure how to change topics,sorry.
yes, i am usually on the internet,i think
XP Pro 2002, SP 2; HP Intell T2400 1.83 GHz
987 Mhz .099 GB RAM; MS Outlook; Anti virus: AVAST; LAVASOFT Ad-aware;
Firefox 2.0.0.9

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,583 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hi sbruce,

I've moved your topic into the correct forum. Now that you have posted a new thread, I'll close this one. You seem to be making good progress on the one posted here: :thumbsup: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/54813/virus-causing-keyboards-not-to-work/

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users