I have had a HP Deskjet D2460 printer for a number of months and it has worked fine. After not using it for a number of months, it is now not listed in my printer list, and so I can't print to it.
I am running Windows 8.1 (64-bit), and the last time I used the printer was before the 8.1 update when I was running Windows 8, so I suspect this may be part of the problem.
I have tried seeking advice from the official HP support forum, but nothing that they have advised has worked.
Here is a summary of what I have tried (and that hasn't resolved the issue) so far:
- Uninstalling and re-installing the drivers obtained via HP website
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve the issue
- Checking the USB connection
- Turning off everything in the Terminate and Stay Resident (TSR) programs software group, as advised by HP
- Performing a 'clean boot' and then re-installing the driver software
3758096966 (0xE0000246) Device Installer Not Ready
A class installer or a co-installer for a device cannot run because a component on which it depends did not run.