Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sparkplug99

sparkplug99

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

My macbook air started acting up, when I boot it boots fine however during the log in part it says my start up disk is full. Okay so after that I log in normally. Howerver this is the weird part. My desktop is blank, the dock is gone, I cannot access my HD. I can only access system preferences however I cannot get any where from there. I can connect to my network through system preferences. I tried running disk utilities when i restart it, it won't work, I cannot access safe mode neither, it seems like I'm stuck. Anyone had this issue or knows how to resolve it without using the Repair Disc from apple? Thanks for your help.

Macbook Air

Macbook Air 3.1

Intel Core 2 Duo

1.4 Ghz

2GB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

My macbook air started acting up, when I boot it boots fine however during the log in part it says my start up disk is full. Okay so after that I log in normally. Howerver this is the weird part. My desktop is blank, the dock is gone, I cannot access my HD. I can only access system preferences however I cannot get any where from there. I can connect to my network through system preferences. I tried running disk utilities when i restart it, it won't work, I cannot access safe mode neither, it seems like I'm stuck. Anyone had this issue or knows how to resolve it without using the Repair Disc from apple? Thanks for your help.

Macbook Air
Macbook Air 3.1
Intel Core 2 Duo
1.4 Ghz
2GB

Which version of the Mac OS are you running? If Lion (aka 10.7) or newer, have you tried booting into the recovery partition and running Disk Utility from there? If Snow Leopard or old, have you tried booting from the restore disc/USB drive and running Disk Utility from there?

It sounded like you had only tried running Disk Utility when you booted normally. I apologize if I misread that.

#3 sparkplug99

sparkplug99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

Its running OS X 10.9.4, I have it tried restore disc/USB and it doesn't work. Also I have tried Target Disk Mode with FireWire cable with my other mac and it won't go in TDM!!! Its pretty frustating. I cannot do anything because the HD is full. Any other solution?

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Its running OS X 10.9.4, I have it tried restore disc/USB and it doesn't work. Also I have tried Target Disk Mode with FireWire cable with my other mac and it won't go in TDM!!! Its pretty frustating. I cannot do anything because the HD is full. Any other solution?

Have you tried Apple's Diagnostics or Hardware Test?

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11342

It is kind of sounding like there might be a problem with the SSD. If so, the Hardware Test might produce an error message.

FWIW, the other option that is always available is to take it to an Apple Store…assuming there is one reasonably close by to you. If it is several hours away, then that is not likely the best option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users