Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help needed with files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zipdip

zipdip

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hi I am a novice,and I have a problem,when I download a article or letter from the web,it downloads ok but when I go to read it the article is split up into lots of different files,that I suppose make up the finished article,how do I get these files to reform into the article,

Best Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

Hello, and Welcome

How are you saving the web page and what browser are you using? Usually when saving a web page there will be a folder with a number of files in it and outside of this folder will be a HTML file that points to the folder with the files. You would double click on the HTML file.

#3 zipdip

zipdip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

Hi I am using google chrome,I believe I have saved them as HTML but might have saved them as web page,the articles are made up of about 20 files ,cascading files and script files and lots more.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

There should be an HTM file in the same location you saved the page. It is outside of the folder with the 20 some files. I just did this on a computer with Chrome installed. I saved the web page complete.  You can try to save as Webpage HTML instead of Webpage complete and see how that works. You can select that is the dropdown box. Another option is to print the page as a PDF using Chrome's own PDF plugin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users