Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD After transferring HD (0x0000007B (OxF78AD528, 0xC0000034, 0x0, 0x0)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ste2ph

Ste2ph

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:48 AM

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) 0x0000007B (OxF78AD528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x0000000000)

Im getting this Stop Code after moving an old hard drive to a new system as a primary drive. I cant get into safe mode. For some reason when i set the hard drive jumpers to Cable Select I get the BSOD. When I set it to Master or Slave it wont detect the hard drive at all. I reset the CMOS battery to reset the BIOS and Im still getting the same symptoms. 

Any Suggestions?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,971 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

You generally can't transfer the Windows installation from one computer into a different system, the hardware is different and usually results in BSODs. (Plus of course, if the Windows on the transferred drive has an OEM license, that license is only valid for the original computer it belongs to.)

If the Windows being moved is a full retail license, it may be successful to use the Windows CD to do a repair install, and re-activate if necessary (it probably will be, due to the complete hardware change) but a clean install would probably be more stable.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users