Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Fan?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sariki

sariki

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 AM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:22 PM

Hey,

So I have a FX 6300 6 core processor. I have the stock fan installed that came with the package. It's very noisy and as of late it has been overheating. I need a recommendation to what I can replace this with that will do two things:

A. Keep noise down

B. keep my cpu cool

Any suggestions would be great!

Posting Goal: 25 50 100

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:26 PM

What case do you have?  And is the CPU at standard speed or overclocked?

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 sariki

sariki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

Standard speed and I have a Thermal Blaster Black case. I don't know the specific case number though.

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

Hmm, Google doesn't really show up much.  Is it anything like this?

Right the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is a common recommendation, a good performer and good value.  The large heatsink and lower speed 120mm fan will make a great deal less noise than the bundled cooler.  Note though that it's 160mm high (which is why I asked about the case) so you'd need to make sure you had the room for it.  Most mid tower sized cases should accommodate it, but compact/mini towers probably won't.

If it is too large, then something like the Arctic Freezer 13 (130mm high), Silverstone AR-02 (134mm high) or Cooler Master TX3 (139mm high) should fit in most tower style cases, and again will be a lot quieter than the stock cooler.  If you have a very compact small form factor case then you'd need to go for a low profile heatsink/fan.

Edited by jonuk76, 12 September 2014 - 07:10 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 sariki

sariki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

the one you shared is the exact one I have. and thank yo for the suggestions

#6 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Good guess then :)  Unfortunately they don't give a max CPU cooler height on this model, but I'm going to guess from it's dimension width (7.08") which is narrower than most "mid tower" cases it's probably not going to have 160mm clearance for the CPU cooler.  Unless you want to measure to be sure I'd go for one of the shorter models.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users