Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MacBook troubles

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 whattaf

whattaf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro that's been dropped from 3-4 feet a couple of times. After this happened it started running real slow like and I thought I'd messed up the harddrive or something. So I ran Apple Hardware Test (extended) and it reports no trouble. Blackmagic disk test reports 80MB/s read and write speed.

The thing is, everything is working fine except the system seems to be "freezing" very frequently. So when I copy a file for instance, it starts real fast like it should, and then it pauses for a couple of seconds, then resumes etc.

Things like opening and closing windows, switching between workspaces, saving files, opening new tabs etc is also very choppy and I'm looking at the spinny wheel a lot. It's not a software issue, i ran a clean install and it didn't improve.

Im gonna open her up tomorrow and have a look if something's loose or there's a cable glitch or something but I know nothing about hardware so I just thought I'd ask for some tips what I should look for etc.

Here's the output from xbench for the heck of it. I'm not sure what to read form the low disk test score.

2zemaf4.jpg

Edited by whattaf, 12 September 2014 - 01:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users