Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes wont open and has a blue and yellow shield on the icon. HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlueGrypnix

BlueGrypnix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

I recently contracted the FBI Money Pak virus, and was told by a friend to use the safemode with networking to download malwarebytes and run it. With many tried and failed attempts my computer (with the help of viruses) eventually completely prevented me from opening any kind of safe mode. That's when i used my uncles computer to download malwarebytes to a flash drive and install it to the infected computer. Prior to doing i used the support.microsoft.com/help for live help and the lady told me the virus was pretending to be an unregistered Microsoft Bing. Avoiding that one time payment of $99, i sought other help and many discussions brought me to malwarebytes.

Anyway after installing malwarebytes from the flash drive and running it, all went well and the viruses were removed. Upon recent attempts to open the application, the loading circle appears and nothing happens. So i uninstalled it and reinstalled countless times following different options i got from google to get it to run. And it still didnt budge. Also i mistakenly opened explorer after i vowed not to ever use it and screen popped up trying to coerce me into using bing as my primary search engine. I proceeded to try and disable bing with no success. Tried to uninstall explorer, but it didn't even exist in my uninstall pane under control panel. That's when i figured something was seriously wrong.

My computer runs fine and everything else, but my inability to load malwarebytes and the blue and yellow shield has me believing there is some sort of anti malware virus hiding in my computer and waiting to mature to create problems. I am seeking help in identifying whatever such virus may be and possibly removing it.

P.S. When i deleted the start up, and applications/process programs of the fore mentioned FBI Money Pak viruse from the task manager, it changed the skin of my task manager to where i cant even switch between applications and processes any longer. It has a really basic looking format now and this has me concerned. I am running a 64-bit Windows 7 Professional on my laptop, and any help on the previously mentioned issues will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!  

Edited by hamluis, 12 September 2014 - 08:47 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,682 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

Welcome aboard p22002758.gif

Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 BlueGrypnix

BlueGrypnix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

Thanks BC Advisor for the timely reply, fortunately, after i posted that topic, i did more research in regards to the issues i posted and have found answers. I am currently resolving the issues i had. Once again, tank you very much..

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,682 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

p22003888.gif

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users