Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Behaving Strangely

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gonsalves

gonsalves

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:48 PM

Hi friends,
Since two days my keyboard has started behaving strangely. The keys' shift + 2 ' should be @ but I get " and the keystroke 'Shift +3' should be 'hatch' But I get , and Shift +' should be " but I get @. I use Win XP Pro Sp2 but my windows resource kit does not have a keyboard mapping tool. They tell me that there is something like that in windows tools. I dont have a Cd either. The same Key board when connected to win 98 works fine. Is there any way to bring back my key board back to normal? I was attacked by Trojan Nebular and had to make a scan in in safe mode and had to disable system restore for that purpose, so restoring is not an option. Please help me and thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieP

RichieP

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

Your keyboard is set to UK English, the proper way.

To change it, go to Control Panel > Date, Time Language... > Regional and Language Options.

Click the Language tab, then the Detail button.

Change the default input language to US English, and the keyboard to the same.

#3 gonsalves

gonsalves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:37 PM

Thankyou, Everything is OK now.

#4 RichieP

RichieP

• Members