Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange Tales

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jay briggs

jay briggs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

Perhaps I am not in the correct site. I am having a problem with Spy Bot and I can not fix it. There was an answer to my post by Tahi but I could not figure out what to do.  What has happened to my computer.  It was fine 3 days ago. Now I get these screens saying content is "BAD"

By the way I hope this is not a copy of the first letter I wrote. I just found this letter with only a few lines as the  ones I just wrote.

Please help me, I don't know what all the threads arr.  I am in total confusion.  I was sent to bleepingcomputer.com which was more confusing to me.

Can't someone please help me in ordinary English. Or let me know how to delete S&D which I think is a shame because it was a nice program.

Tashi, I thank you for your response but I wasn't able to implement it to fix the problem.  And it seems to be such a simple one.  The pop up boxes have changed and it won't let me on pages because it deems there is "BAD" content. How can every page have bad content or malicious content?

Best regards,

Jay Briggs

PS 

I accidently hit the wrong button now I am blocked form certain pages eBay is one. on your info pages nothing address this problem or how to fix it or how-to contact you.  I don't know how I landed on "bleepingcomputer"?

I am a donator so I am not looking for free ride so can please help me. I am being blocked and it's annoying. I can undue it. pleas advise. asap   Mod Edit:  Removed email address, protection from spambots - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 September 2014 - 07:08 PM.
Moved from MRL, no logs, to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

Hello Jay
You have one post at BC, this one.

Lets start by running these 2 items.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
    Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
    • Link 1
    • Link 2
      • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
      • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
      • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
      • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
      • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
      • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
    • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

tashi asked you to read this topic "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)...then start a new topic in Spybot's Malware Removal Forum, not here.

Hello jaybriggs,

For someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.

tashi, Member of Team Spybot Post #2
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users