Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphone jack sound is coming out "tin-y" with no bass? Driver problem?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 djk14_21

djk14_21

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

Hi guys....just found this site last night, first post for me, dont know a WHOLE lot about computer stuff, but know some basics....

So my Toshiba laptop & windows 8 got that iStart123 virus/browser hijacker crap on it a couple weks ago, I followed a great tutorial online on how to completly remove it & that worked awesome....While I was deleting/removing stuff that was attatched to that, I found a few other things in the registry that I didnt think belonged there so I removed those too

I went to plug my computer speakers back in to the headphone jack & the sound came out, for lack of a better word, "tin-y" sounding & had no bass....Sounds all funky....I cleand the headphone jack & that didnt do anything....I plugged those same speakers into another audio source & they sounded fine...

Does anyone have experience with this type of thing? did I maybe delete a driver or something? very irritating, I use those speakers all the time....

Any info is appreciated, thanx...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hi guys....just found this site last night, first post for me, dont know a WHOLE lot about computer stuff, but know some basics....

So my Toshiba laptop & windows 8 got that iStart123 virus/browser hijacker crap on it a couple weks ago, I followed a great tutorial online on how to completly remove it & that worked awesome....While I was deleting/removing stuff that was attatched to that, I found a few other things in the registry that I didnt think belonged there so I removed those too

I went to plug my computer speakers back in to the headphone jack & the sound came out, for lack of a better word, "tin-y" sounding & had no bass....Sounds all funky....I cleand the headphone jack & that didnt do anything....I plugged those same speakers into another audio source & they sounded fine...

Does anyone have experience with this type of thing? did I maybe delete a driver or something? very irritating, I use those speakers all the time....

Any info is appreciated, thanx...

Just guessing of course, I would try different head phones, it,s a driver issue for sure.

#3 djk14_21

djk14_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

Like I said I dont know a WHOLE lot about this stuff....what can I do about the driver? Install another one off the internet? Update something with my audio program(s)?

#4 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

Like I said I dont know a WHOLE lot about this stuff....what can I do about the driver? Install another one off the internet? Update something with my audio program(s)?

don't download another driver, that can make, problems. I would try other head phones.

#5 djk14_21

djk14_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

Ok, I'll try that when I get home, but I really dont think thats it. I plugged that same headphone wire into my record player & it sounded fine....I'll try that first though

#6 djk14_21

djk14_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:43 PM

don't download another driver, that can make, problems. I would try other head phones.

Ok, tried different headphones, went into the device manager thing & updated the drivers for the Intel Display Audio & Realtek & it still sounds the same. Tried using a different playback program, still the same, tin-y, flat sounding with no bass at all....Its like an equalizer is all jacked up, but its not ....any advice on where to go from here?

#7 djk14_21

djk14_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

Nevermind, got it, did "scan for hardware changes" on the audio playback programs, then launched realtek's DTS thing & as soon as I did the sound was fixed...thanx for the suggestions though

Edited by djk14_21, 11 September 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#8 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

Ok, tried different headphones, went into the device manager thing & updated the drivers for the Intel Display Audio & Realtek & it still sounds the same. Tried using a different playback program, still the same, tin-y, flat sounding with no bass at all....Its like an equalizer is all jacked up, but its not ....any advice on where to go from here?

Did you try adjusting volume controls? It,s not a driver.  Thanks, Chuck

#9 djk14_21

djk14_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

Got it fixed! Thanx for the suggestions man, appreciate you taking the time to try & help me out

#10 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

Got it fixed! Thanx for the suggestions man, appreciate you taking the time to try & help me out

Iam curious what was the problem? Iam glad it,s fixed. Thank,s Chuck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users