Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just this guy, y'know?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Brillo

Jim Brillo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hi, I was introduced to BC from Malwarebytes forums where experts helped me to disinfect, upgrade and protect two of our household laptops. Amazing guys over there.

As for myself, I'm into jamming with my buds, playing hockey, flying RC planes, amateur astronomy and woodworking.

I hope to learn a lot more about computers and securty, interesting stuff. My son is asking me to help build him a gaming computer, these forums look like just the ticket to get started down the right path.

Cheers all!

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

Jim- That's great that you want o build a gaming computer for your son! What,may I ask, is your budget,since gaming computers can get quite expensive! Three things you will absolutely need- a high quality processor, a dedicated good quality video card- not one that comes on the motherboard. and a LOT of memory (RAM). Be careful,some gaming computers can cost over a thousand dollars. You don't need to spend that much too have a good quality machine.Intel processors are quite hight, so I recommend an AMD processor and mobo.You will get more bang for you buck.! I know there are plenty of people on this site that can help you choose your components,and will have their own ideas to help you in your decision making-- ! Best of Luck! You are on the right website!

Edited by paul88ks, 11 September 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#3 Jim Brillo

Jim Brillo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

Hi Paul, haven't really given much thought to budgets or hardware yet. My son has made the request based on a couple of his friends who have already built their own gaming computers. I think he's just tired of the restrictions placed on gaming consoles.

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

Yeah - I understant- I have 2 boys- they want the case to light up- and great sound effects- but Dad is footing the bill!!Anyway- you can find some good deals for a barebones kit at www.tigerdirect.com  I have built several machines from them and their customer service is great! Lat me know if I can help in any way! Paul

#5 Jim Brillo

Jim Brillo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

Thanks Paul, I think that once my son and I agree on a budget, which I'm sure will be an interesting debate, we'll probably get started then. Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users