Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After installing new PSU, monitor turns on for second then stand by again.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 detailer123

detailer123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

I installed a new PSU on my sisters pre 2007 custom built pc. She detected no problems prior to the installation. It is running

Windows XP Home service pack 3. All drivers are as current as they can be, same with any software updates.

I have replaced three other PSU's in other computers and I have never had any problems.

On start up I get a single short beep from bios so I know everything is plugged in the correct slots. Monitor light goes from stand by mode to on then back to stand by within a second or two. The PSU I took out of this pc was a 550 watt the shop gave me a 480 watt. Guy at shop said it didn't make a difference since I had no after market hardware installed. Myself, I like putting back what I took out. 

Thank you for any help you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

Well...I'm not seeing clearly here...but it appears to me that your "topic" is not a topic at all...but an issue with someone you contracted  with for the performance of certain tasks.

IMO, the obvious recourse it to engage in conversation with whomever that person/agency is...and try to resolve the problem that formerly did not exist...but now exists after said services were allegedly performed.  System worked before...system does not work properly.  Open and shut case...that needs to be resolved, examined, etc...by you and whomever you took your system to.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users