Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good free defragger alternative to Diskeeper

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AngryHan

AngryHan

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:40 AM

Hi, I'm looking for a free alternative to Diskeeper. One of the features I really liked about Diskeeper is its boot-time defragger, where it defragments your page file and master file table. I was wondering if there are any free defraggers that could also do that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

Puran Defrag - Automatically Defrag your Hard Disk Drives.

After reading the capabilities, if you want to down load the program, make sure you select the "Download This Utility" button and not the "Download Puran Utilities".

It's been almost a year since I've installed this on my computer, at that time there wasn't any unwanted bundled software added in during the installation.  But things can change, so if a customized installation is offered, select that option and be on the look out for anything other than the defrag program trying to install.

If you prefer, you don't have to set up any schedule, you can just defrag from the UI when you like.  Same thing for the boot time defrag.

#3 AngryHan

AngryHan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

Well, Chrome just blocked that saying it was malicious

#4 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

Chrome huh, why am I not surprised? I just downloaded and tested.

The results:
VirusTotal Antivirus scan for PuranDefragSetup.exe.

#5 AngryHan

AngryHan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

Interesting, ok thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users