Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC keeps shutting itself down.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cekadidas

cekadidas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Every time I start my computer up it shuts down. Sometimes it happens in the process of starting up and other times it does it shortly after it starts up. So I restart it, then if works fine. Sometimes I have to restart twice. Oh, and when it shuts itself down if makes 3 deliberate beeps. I've gotten a blue screen a few times, but it flashes so quickly I can't read the error message.I was told it was overheating, but my fans are clean and appear to be spinning just fine.

Edited by cekadidas, 10 September 2014 - 05:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 kokomodrums

kokomodrums

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode by holding down the F8 key while your computer turns on. See if the issue remains when in Safe Mode. This will help determine if you have a hardware or software issue.

-- Matt

#3 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

Beep codes vary from machine to machine, but one of the most common ones is the three beep for ram.

They are neither long, nor short beeps, totaling approx 2 1/2 seconds.

If that sounds right to you, it may be as simple as re-seating your ram. In other words, shutting down, removing the ram and re-inserting it. That's it, that's all.

All is well in Paradise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users