Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speaker problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 polarbear144

polarbear144

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

I purchased some Logitech speakers (S120). I have two different problems, I think. First, my computer doesn't seem to recognize the speakers as Logitech. When I click on the speakers icon, it shows as IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. When I double-click on that speaker icon and get the properties window and go to the advanced tab, then click the test button, I get sound out of the Logitech speakers, However, when I try to play any sounds or music, there is no sound from the speakers. Problem #2 is that my monitor also has speakers, which are not very good or I wouldn't have bought the Logitech speakers. They show up alongside the other speakers (shown as IDT) when I click the speaker icon, but I mute them while I test the other speakers. I don't know if they are causing some other problem having to do with the Logitech speakers or not, in spite of being muted.

My computer is an HP Envy, and I'm running Windows 8.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hi,

For testing purposes can you physically disconnect the old speakers? You may also need to go into the device manager and disable them there as well so that when you reboot with just the new speakers attached they will be found and the drivers installed.

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 polarbear144

polarbear144
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting detailed instructions from Logitech support about how to make the Logitech speakers the default playback device, which I needed, since I'm technologically challenged. :-)

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Join the crowd, we all have shortcomings and gaps in our knowledge base. Which is why working as a group / team gets so much more done.

:thumbsup:

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users