Over the past day or so i've been having an issue that has basically stopped me in my tracks as far as using the PC goes, completely stopping my use of Skype and Google Chrome.
It started yesterday, I was using my PC as normal watching some youtube videos and my PC shut down randomly. I have had no spontanious shutdowns since then but my Skype and Google Chrome don't work at all following that shutdown.
Google Chrome just closes as soon as it's opened, flashes up for a moment and then closes (no error messages).
Skype opens fine and will stay running indefinitely as far as I can see, until I enter my credentials and press log in. at which point it loads my contacts and then crashes, giving me the following error.
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skype.exe
Application Version: 184.108.40.206
Application Timestamp: f36bac23
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002dfe4
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
I have run my usual scans including Avast Antivirus, CCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. and have also managed to download a couple of the programs from your website and run them too. (RogueKiller, JRT, AdwCleaner, SecurityCheck, Combofix) I will attach the reports from these programs to the post.
A few more things I have noticed are:
- Malwarebytes picked up on some kind of problem, It was quarantined and deleted but doesn't seem to have done the job, Windows Security Centre Service won't turn on, I'm not 100% sure if this is just because I have Avast Antivirus installed but I'm pretty sure that I was able to turn it on anyway before all this.
Detected Item: PUM:Disabled.SecurityCenter
Type: Registry Data
- I can run Internet Explorer (eugh) and Firefox, but if I try to download anything it's very hit or miss if it works or not. Skype website downloads didn't work when I was attempting a reinstall, I had to get my girlfriend to download the full installer (Same house/router) and give it to me via external HDD. It also wouldn't download half of the programs from your website, just giving me the same 404 error screen which I have attached a screenshot of also.
- Connectivity elsewhere seems fine, I can log into online games no problem, my download speeds seem fine too.
- I inititally thought it was some kind of software violation, so I ran MSconfig and disabled all startup programs etc, didn't work.
- Ran windows in safemode, no change to skype/chrome.
Just rattling things off the top of my head here, but I have no idea what to do to fix this other than a possible windows re-install, which i'd rather avoid if possible.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance,
Edited by hamluis, 10 September 2014 - 05:24 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Malware Removal Logs - Hamluis.