Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway GT5430 power issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tpm

tpm

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hello

My daughters computer, a Gateway GT5430 will not startup. Nothing at all, not even the power button indicator light. I took out the power supply and tested it with a paperclip. It DID work in the test. What else can it be??  She said it was running very slow and when I opened the case it was pretty covered in dust

Thanks

Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aerys

Aerys

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Sounds like the motherboard is the issue, can you elaborate on how you tested the power supply with a paper clip? If you happen to have another power supply (maybe another computer?) that you could try then you could see which one is at fault.

He said the same thing he had been saying for hours... "burn them all".

-Jaime Lannister

Feel free to add me on Skype for help or to chat; lolballinn

#3 tpm

tpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

Thanks for replying

I removed the power supply and put the paperclip in a U putting one end in the green wire on the motherboard connector  ( #14) while putting the other end into the black wire. Doing so I got a good spin on the fan, seemed to be working OK

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users