Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo ix2 backups

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iceberg66

iceberg66

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

I bought an Lenovo ix2 and this is what I want it to do..... backup 3 files from an external connection...basically it sits at my house and I want to automatically download  3 folders nightly from by folks house.  I connected the ix2 box to my cicso Linksys and when I go to networks I see it.  I can enter the ix2 through an internal ip address for settings no problem.  For the life of me I can't figure out how to set this up....   I'm starting to wonder if this was the right thing to buy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aerys

Aerys

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

It sounds like you will need a backup program, unless the Lenovo machine has a solution in its pre-installed software. I personally use duplicati, you could set up an FTP server on the Lenovo, then install duplicati on your parents computer and configure it to backup those folders to your FTP every night.

He said the same thing he had been saying for hours... "burn them all".

-Jaime Lannister

Feel free to add me on Skype for help or to chat; lolballinn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users