Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer shows low/no toner on every computer on network except mine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Amna Umen

Amna Umen

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

Good morning,

This problem has been racking my brain for a week, we have a Dell C3765dnf MFP network connected to a Windows SBS 2011 with about 15 users on it at any time. Recently the color cartridges ran dry despite us never using them. Not a problem I thought we can just operate with only the black cartridges.

Not the case.

Despite being able to print directly from the printer and from my own computer, everyone else on my network has a No Ink/Toner message in their windows printer window and therefore cannot print. Now although it is nice having my own little private printer to use whenever I want, it is affecting productivity. I've been trying to figure out why my computer allows me to print but all tests I've run on other computers don't get the no toner message off the computer. Has anyone ever encountered this issue with Windows 7 or just any printer in general? Any insight would be very helpful.

-AU

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

[guessing]

Uninstall the printer drivers on one of the affected computers, reboot then if the correct drivers don't reinstall, reinstall the correct drivers. You might put your driver set out on the network so you can install them on the other coputers. Rebooting the printer can't hurt :)

Keep us posted

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users